Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Movie Buck

Last night, I saw a screening of the movie Buck. It was about a horse whisperer Buck Brannaman. It was a very good movie. I'd make a few changes only. This was the director's debut for Cindy Meehl. What touched me the most was the understanding and connection Buck has for horses, that we can strive to have with each other, and the way he connected his childhood past with his abusive father to the state of some of the horses. The most easily appreciated things about Buck are his authenticity and sense of purpose. And, he watches Oprah!

The most amazing aspect of his care is how he uses his energy field to affect the horses and have them do what he wants so they can both be happy. He says the same can be done with children. He does not like the abusive "breaking" aspect of horse training.

He said the state of our animals reveals something about us. If totally so, I may be in trouble with my cat Psipsina. I never saw a cat whisperer show. I am not sure anyone can tame a hissing cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment