Wednesday, March 2, 2011

One and Individual

Recently, an Oriental student at NYU overheard a first business conversation I was having with someone as I had to quickly get back to what I was writing so I can get in the subway and get home on time. He concluded I am suffering, don’t think I am beautiful and more. He could not believe I had just been listening to Osho. When I told him that Osho had talked about selfishness, he automatically assumed (what he likes to do – maybe he should meditate more) that it was to gain security. I pointed out he is trying to fix me and he denied it. It was clear from some talk and emails that I have done more growth and development work, have more life experiences and am more authentic. Nevertheless, we can all learn from each other. Given my commitments, I chose not to put the time to communicate with someone how is not open and who wants to talk in the context of his assumptions about me, perhaps coming from his assumptions of the West and beautiful women or actresses. He even said he judges by language or dress, which can change. I pointed out he does not know about the Holy Spirit distinction, creativity or self-expression, and that, if he really is all about being One, he would not be at NYU, later competing for work. He did not get it. When he saw my article for an upcoming ladies’ fitness article, he kept asking how one accepts themselves and reaches for a goal. I said it’s a yin yang balance. He did not get it. I emailed it is about balance. You get it. There is no how, just some tips.
I said one can be grounded and happy, yet feel, win, lose, LIVE…not make all of life suffering and make that wrong. That is one fault of Buddhism at its extreme.

I tested him and said my Mom is really sick and we need money for health care. Not surprisingly, he did not shuffle money from his bank account to mine. But if we are one, my mother is his mother.

Again, it’s about a yin yang balance in be/do, West/East, individual/One. More on this has been written in other posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment