Sunday, February 6, 2011

David Parsons Matinee Show February 6, 2011

I went to the Joyce Theater today to see Parsons. Their dancing was not the conventional type I like. It may be post-modern, but I am not sure. However, the originality and courage of the pieces was great. What I loved the most was the energy of the dancers that escalated toward the end of each piece,instead of their getting tired, including at the last piece.

The envelope was interesting in the costumes everyone wore, and the focus on conveying a message. We can think how mail is different than email.

Sleep Study was cute. Children laughed abundantly. It was a fun piece more than serious dancing.

Hand Dance was beautiful with the interplay of hands, light and music.

Love, Oh Love was cheesy at first, but it was supposed to be, I suppose. LOL I loved the 1970s music feel. The energy picked up at the end, and the dancers came together to conclude that it's all worth it in love.

Run to You was great with on-and-off light playing with the man's body. I preferred last year's performance of this piece by Miguel Quinones, born in Jamaica, Queens, where I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment