Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Eighth Grade Short Essay The Most Exciting Time in My Life

This was posted in the Saint Demetrios Day School of Jamaica newspaper. I wrote about Sami, Kephallonia. I can't believe I wrote this at 12 or 13 years old.

The Most Exciting Time in My Life

The most exciting time in my life was the past summer when I went to Greece. I can just close my eyes and dream of that wonderful summer for hours. The air in Greece was fresh, nature was at its peak, and I felt the calmest and happiest I have ever felt.

In the morning I would spend hours at the cool, refreshing beach with its crystal clear water. I would swim, play volleyball in the water, or just sit on the sand talking to some friends and listening to my Walkman.

In the afternoon I would either go to a friend's house or take a nap. Usually I would take a nap to get ready for the most exciting time of the day — nighttime. At nighttime I would take walks with my friends along the harbor. We would sometimes eat souvlaki and ice cream or take rides with our bikes. Sometimes there would be dances in the plaza. Then it would be almost too beautiful to believe! All around me were the mountains. A few yards away was the bay. And on the bay sparkled lights from the plaza or from the towns across from where they dance was taking place. Overhead would lie so many stars that the sky was more white than dark blue. And then right tin the middle of a dance, a ferryboat or yacht might come in large and majestic, sparkling with its lights against the nighttime sky.

How sad I was when summer vacation was over! But I’ll go there again. I can see the lights dancing on the water and hear the sound of the small waves on the sand.

Dreams I had of dating as a teenager and later, and of work did not materialize fully – yet. And I have had other wonderful experiences that I did not know existed. We can always look back to the self in us that existed from when we were children to formulate the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment