Thursday, June 15, 2023

Third Entity in Romantic Relationships

 Relationships can be hard. No one had a perfect childhood or has no "issues and they cannot be solved fully, or through religion, therapy, meditation, and yoga. Often, as Harville Hendrix said years ago you grow most in committed relationships with those who will be there e for you through the good and bad moments and times.

A third entity must be God, Jesus Christ, and it is best in a Greek Orthodox context. 

Besides this, the third entity is also the "we", the relationship. Recently, a relationship I had with someone was a baby. After no communication about what I did not like, I ruined it, consciously, and I thought I was killing the baby. If both of us fostered it, it would be growing now. But I could not lower my standards enough to warrant having a sort of or on-and-off relationship. 

Perhaps, if both of us watered that baby, we'd be together, closer daily, or at least monthly, through the ups and downs.

No comments:

Post a Comment