Thursday, November 11, 2010

Greek Orthodox and Buddhist Icon Exhibit at The Rubin Museum

I had a great time on Tuesday at the Cathedral of the Holy Trinity party at the Rubin Museum. I was sad to hear that the museum displaced Barney's. I haven't been to the new location. I had fond memories of going there after college, while I shopped and did not work and had some other rough times. Ah, memories. Oh, now back to the party. I was surprised and pleased to hear that a lady from the congregation is the curator, and the museum deals with mostly Eastern art. Bravo! I'd like to go back with an audio and curator tour. (I talked briefly to a great museum guide.) I would also like more information on why certain icons were picked. Perhaps this is given on Sundays at 3:00 p.m. with the tours.

The music and food were wonderful, and it was great to see the community, old and young, rich (some very rich) and poor, and some non-Greeks, come together. This was an inspiration toward one of my commitments, the one in interfaith work, and perhaps I had something to do with it happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment